How to Play
1. Click on a trail. Each trail explores a different time period. You'll answer 8 questions based on events in New England within that period.
2. Enter your name or a made-up name. This field is required. The name you enter will appear on the "Certificate of Completion" you can print when you finish each trail.
3. Pick a guide. Click on the different game guides—Scientist, Inventor, Uncle Sam, etc.—to learn more about them. You may meet just one of them or as many as you wish. When you know which guide you want, open that guide's introduction and click "Submit." Your guide will thank you. Then click "Play" to start answering the questions.
4. Search the Timeline at the bottom of the screen to find the answers to the questions. You may scroll with the left/right arrows and click the century tabs to quickly move to a desired date range. You may also click on the economic events in the Timeline (economic events are those with a photo or illustration) to read a detailed description. Sometimes you'll need to read these details to find an answer.
5. Click "Submit" when you've selected your final answer to a question. Your personal guide will give you cheers or encouragement. And don't be surprised if your guide pops up sometime during the game to share an insight about growth with you! After reviewing the answer text, click "Next" to advance to another question.
6. When you've completed all 8 questions, your guide comments on your final score. In addition, ONLY if you get at least 7 of the 8 questions right, your guide performs a "special trick" to celebrate your achievement!
7. Explore all 3 trails and travel with all 6 guides for the most comprehensive look at how economic growth happens. Don't forget to print your Certificate of Completion—it's your souvenir!
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY TRAILS!